By Matthew MacDonald
Unlock the secrets and techniques of entry 2013 and detect tips on how to use your facts in inventive methods. With this book’s effortless step by step directions, you’ll find out how to construct and hold a full-featured database or even flip it right into a internet app. you furthermore mght get counsel and practices from the professionals for solid database design—ideal no matter if you’re utilizing entry for enterprise, college, or at home.
The very important belongings you have to know
• Build a database with ease. arrange and replace lists, files, catalogs, and different forms of info.
• Create your personal net app. allow all of your workforce paintings on a database within the cloud.
• Share your database on a network. hyperlink your entry database to SQL Server or SharePoint.
• Customize the interface. Make info access a breeze by way of development your individual templates
• Find what you wish fast. seek, kind, and summarize large quantities of information in mins.
• Put your information to use. flip uncooked details into well-formatted published reviews.
• Dive into entry programming. Automate advanced projects and clear up universal challenges.
Read or Download Access 2013: The Missing Manual PDF
Best computers books
This article displays the present country of computing device expertise and song composition. The authors provide transparent, sensible overviews of software languages, real-time synthesizers, electronic filtering, man made intelligence, and masses extra.
We’ve long gone in-depth during this guide to make sure you get to work out the easiest of the HATs to be had, in addition to packing in a variety of the simplest tutorials and contours from the professional minds in the back of Linux structure magazine.
180 pages of step by step courses, principles, tutorials and extra that will help you strengthen your talents and do really good issues along with your Pi.
Discover how to:
Upgrade your Raspberry Pi hardware
Master Linux talents and make the Pi your own
Go from Python amateur to coding grasp
- Robustness and Efficiency of Non-linear Side-Informed Watermarking
- Matrix Eigensystem Routines — EISPACK Guide Extension
- The Economics of Business Enterprise: An Introduction to Economic Organisation and the Theory of the Firm, Third Edition
- Bewegungssimulation mit CATIA V5
- Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: Third Iberian Conference, IbPRIA 2007, Girona, Spain, June 6-8, 2007, Proceedings, Part II
- Computers and Creativity
Additional resources for Access 2013: The Missing Manual
Tip Older database formats are less reliable and may not support all of the Access features you want to use. accdb format and save a copy of your data in an older format for the people who need it. accdb format as the master copy of your database—the one you'll use to enter new data and to create your Access queries, reports, and forms. mdb format when you first create a database. Choose File→New and then click the folder icon next to the File Name box. Access opens the File New Database window (which you saw back in Figure 1-3).
In other words, if you create another table or edit some of your data, Access updates the new file. If you want to go back to the old file, you need to open it in Access again. (Alternatively, you can use the backup feature described in the previous section. accdb format (which is short for "Access database"). accdb format with Access 2007, and it still works in Access 2010 and Access 2013. That makes it the go-to choice for new databases. However, there may be times when you need to share your data with people who are using truly ancient copies of Access.
If you're a bit paranoid and you can't stand the wait, just click the tiny Save icon in the Quick Access toolbar in the topleft corner of the window (it looks like a floppy disk) to save the current database object immediately. Note Remember, when you click File, you enter Backstage view, which provides a narrow strip of commands (on the left) and a page with options for the currently selected command (on the right). You use Backstage view to open, save, and convert database files—see page 11 if you need a quick review about how it works.